- This event has passed.
24th Annual Juneteenth Ally Award Luncheon “Giving our Youth a Voice”
June 16, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm$50
The Center for the Healing of Racism will hold its 24th annual Juneteenth Ally Award luncheon, “Giving our Youth a Voice,” on Saturday, June 16, 2018. This year’s award recipients are:
– James W. Loewen, sociologist, historian and author of Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your High School History Textbook Got Wrong;
– Tahirih Justice Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting immigrant women and girls and promoting a world where women and girls enjoy equality, safety and dignity;
– Lisa Falkenberg, Houston Chronicle columnist and Pulitzer Prize recipient (2015) for her groundbreaking columns about corrupt grand jury practices and egregious problems in the legal and immigration systems;
– Ben and Sarah Becker, who will receive the Center’s “Individual Initiative Award.”
The luncheon will be held at noon on Saturday, June 16, at First Methodist Church (Lower Level Fellowship Hall), 1320 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002. Free parking at lot across from the church’s Clay street entrance. Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased through the Center for the Healing of Racism. Contact: email@example.com or (713) 520-8226. Sponsorships are also available.
- First Methodist Church (Lower Level Fellowship Hall), 1320 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002
1320 Main Street (at Clay)
Houston, 77002 + Google Map